Who we are?
The Institute of Physiology of the University of Zurich (UZH) is one of the outstanding research institute in Europe and Switzerland that provides modern infrastructures for a cutting-edge research in multiple aspects of animal physiology and pathophysiology. Our research group within the laboratory of Professor Roland Wenger and Dr. Stellor N Khodo focuses on the role of epithelial growth factor signaling in the pathophysiology of chronic kidney disease (CKD), an endemic pathogenic state that culminates to renal failure. We use cellular and in vivo models to understand renal epithelial physiology and their response to acute over chronic injury. We are now recruiting a laboratory technician who will be working on the role of cell adhesion molecules on renal metabolism and response to injury.
What is your responsibility?
- Independent implementation of biological experiments such as cell culture, cloning,Western blot, PCR, qRT-PCR, ELISA, histology, immunostaining and microscopy
- Maintenance of mouse colony and animal experimentation
- Basic data analysis and documentation of procedures and results
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities
- Participation in the management of laboratory inventory
- Contribute to the evaluation of new lab equipment
What do you bring?
- Laboratory technician biology, preferably with minimum 1 years of practical experience
- Practical experience in the basic methods of biology and histology
- Good knowledge in the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Basic In vivo techniques would be an asset
- Good communication skills in English, German skill is a plus
- Detail-oriented and can-do attitude
What do we offer?
- A young and dynamic research team with open-minded environment
- Access to good trainings offered by the University of Zurich
- Opportunities to learn new skills
- Broad range of tasks and responsibilities
- Good work-life balance
- Employment and salary are in accordance with the requirements of the Canton of Zurich
- Additional benefits include ASVZ and lunch checks
- 100% contract guarantee until 2025
Please include in your application a letter of motivation, CV, certificates and recommendation letters. Please send those to firstname.lastname@example.org